We are all aware of the high cost of medications; however, have you ever thought about what the most costly medications are? The most costly medications are the ones that do not work or that the medication whose regimen is not adhered to. Non-adherence cost the U.S. healthcare system 290 Billion dollars-more than twice the cost of proposed healthcare reform.
Med-Pak is a state-of-the-art medication adherence packing system available exclusively at MSU-KCMS pharmacy. It is one of the many tools we use to help patients adhere to prescribed medication regimens; thus, individualizing their medication and personalizing their care.
There are many Applications of the Med-Pak system:
Med-Pak is an innovative versatile medication packaging process that improves patient safety, medication compliance and care provider's efficiency. Med-Pak brings all patient medications together into one easy-to-read Med-Pak packet. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Bedtime ... Med-Pak is the solution for patient medication administration.
- Reduces Medication Errors
- Increased Pill Visibility
- Easy to Read & Understand Labeling
- Improves Medication Adherence
- Provides Compliance Checkpoint
- Saves Staff Time & Increases Productivity
- Less Packaging Waste - Environmentally Friendly
- Travel Friendly - Convenient Weekend/Holiday Med-Paks
- Creates Extensive Packaging & Storage Options
"The cost to our society of patients not taking their medicine correctly is $290 billion dollars a year. That's right, 290 billion with a "B" ... three times the projected cost of health care reform."
Bruce T. Roberts, RPH
NCPA Executive Vice President & CEO
America's PHARMACIST Magazine